Miley Cyrus has been riding a wave of professional triumph this year thanks to the success of her album Wrecking Ball, but 2013 was also a tough year personally after she and Liam Hemsworth called off their engagement in September.


In a sit-down interview with Barbara Walters for her 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013 TV special (Wednesday, 9:30/8:30c, ABC), Cyrus says she doesn't regret getting engaged even if they never made it down the aisle. "I don't think I realized what 19 truly is, and I got engaged at 19, and I definitely wouldn't change being engaged. It was so fun wearing a fat rock for a few years," she tells Walters, according to ABC News. "But now, I just feel like I can actually be happy. I wait for those moments of silence, when I'm just at my house, by myself."


More shocking celebrity breakups


Looking back, Cyrus says she was able to make great strides personally in the wake of her split. "I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year," she says. "I don't ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can't be yourself."


However, Cyrus hasn't ruled out marriage altogether. "I think I'll want that in the time that it needs to be," she tells Walters.


What do you think of Cyrus' comments?


View original Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Liam Hemsworth: I Was So Scared of Being Alone at TVGuide.com


Other Links From TVGuide.com


View the original article on TVGuide.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top