She was old enough to be his grandmother, but he wanted to be her husband - her eighth husband.


She, not surprisingly, was Elizabeth Taylor. And he was - Colin Farrell, who poured out his (platonic) puppy love for the legend to Ellen DeGeneres yesterday.


"It was kind of like the last, it feels like in my head, not her, I'm projecting, but the last kind of romantic relationship I had. Which was never consummated," Farrell said.


Seems the strange hospital bedfellows met via her manager at Cedars-Sinai (she was getting a stent, he was having a baby). Soon a flower exchange flourished into 1½ to two years of the aforementioned romance.


"It was really cool, and she's wasn't much of a sleeper at night like I'm not, so at 2 a.m. I'd call her," Farrell, 37, continued. "She wouldn't mind me speaking of this because I'd be very careful of, you knowâ?¦ I'd call her at 2 a.m. and the nurse would answer the phone. I'd say is she awake? And the nurse was like, hold on I'll just check, and then I'd be on the phone and I'd hear hello? And I'd go how's it going? And we'd talk for a half an hour, an hour into the wee hours. Really cool."


"I just adored her. She was a spectacular, spectacular woman," Farrell said. "I wanted to be No. 8, but we ran out of road."


Copyright 2013 USATODAY.com


Read the original story: Colin Farrell got 'romantic' with Liz Taylor


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top