Although Miley Cyrus has the world talking about her and her wild antics the singer still feels like she's "kind of an underdog."


"I don't want to say that I'm on top right now - - I feel like I'm kind of an underdog in a cool way," the 20-year-old pop star said in the December issue of Cosmopolitan.


PHOTOS: MILEY CYRUS' MOST ATTENTION-SEEKING MOMENTS


"It's almost punk rock to like me because it's not the right thing to do," she added. "Like, society wants to shut me down."


Cyrus' me-against-the-world perception could be the reason she's taken a hard turn away from her former Disney clean-cut image. Between her break up from Liam Hemsworth to her controversial VMAs performance and nudity in the "Wrecking Ball" video, Cyrus has been a hot topic this year.


PHOTOS: STARS WHO WEAR UNDERWEAR AS OUTERWEAR


"Even people who want to hate on me, they can't even shut down the fact that I'm literally what everyone is talking about," she said.


‘Even people who want to hate on me, they can't even shut down the fact that I'm literally what everyone is talking about,’ Miley Cyrus said in the December 2013 issue of Cosmopolitan.

Cosmopolitan


‘Even people who want to hate on me, they can't even shut down the fact that I'm literally what everyone is talking about,’ Miley Cyrus said in the December 2013 issue of Cosmopolitan.



But while the public hangs on her every word to see what outlandish thing she might say next, Cyrus claims that's not her focus at all. Instead, the "We Can't Stop" singer is setting her sights on taking over the music industry.


PHOTOS: BROKEN CELEBRITY ENGAGEMENTS


"I need to treat my music like a relationship - - give it my time and all the attention it deserves - - and that's my main love right now," she described.


Since her failed engagement to Hemsworth, Cyrus has been linked to producer Mike Will Made It and was even rumored to be carrying rapper Juicy J's baby. But regardless of what may or may not be factual the singer is thankful for having a higher power to back her.


"This is the best time of my life. I'm not going to look back on it and be like, 'I wish I hadn't been dwelling over a breakup,' you know?" she said. "Because that's not what God wants my life to be about right now. God wants my life to be about being successful and being happy and blessing other people and being blessed."


Despite her critics Cyrus doesn't appear to be slowing down or covering up or pulling her tongue in her mouth. As she continues promoting her album "BANGERZ" and the tour to accompany it, she's living for the moments as they come without giving too much thought to who's watching.


"Everything is so chaotic and crazy right now and it's so much all at once, but I'm living for it," she admitted. "I'm just having the best time ever and everything's falling into place like it's supposed to."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top