In her raw and revealing MTV documentary "Stay Strong," Demi Lovato reached deep inside to put every dark thing about her on the table -- from her battle with cutting to her struggles with eating disorders and self-medication -- because, as she put it, "Why not air all my secrets?"


But as it turns out, she's got a few more secrets to air.



In a new interview with Access Hollywood, the "Heart Attack" singer opens up about a consuming addiction to cocaine. While the "X Factor" judge has been transparent about her struggles with self-harm and bulimia, she had never opened up about the severity of her drug addiction.


"Something I've never talked about before, but with my drug use I could hide it to where I would sneak drugs. I couldn't go without 30 minutes to an hour without cocaine and I would bring it on airplanes," she said in the interview. "I would smuggle it basically and just wait until everyone in first class would go to sleep and I would do it right there. I'd sneak to the bathroom and I'd do it. That's how difficult it got and that was even with somebody [with me], I had a sober companion, somebody who was watching me 24/7 and living with me [and] I was able to hide it from them as well."


Lovato left the Jonas Brothers Tour in late 2010 to check into Chicago's Timberline Knolls rehab "to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time."


"I was going to the airport and I had a Sprite bottle just filled with vodka and it was just nine in the morning," she said. "I had all the help in the world, but I didn't want it."


After leaving in January 2011, she has since visited the facility as a guest speaker "to let them know that it gets easier."


"I've been through hell and back, but my story isn't over yet...," Demi tweeted on Tuesday. "I can't wait to talk about the people who have never taken ANY credit for being a huge part of saving my life, and why I'm alive today."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top