Compiled by Ann Tatko-Peterson

Contra Costa Times




Don't believe everything attributed to Miley Cyrus.


The singer took to Twitter Thursday afternoon after a "made up" interview with Love magazine circulated online, quoting Cyrus as saying she was ready to replace Beyonce.


"That quote people MADE UP about Beyonce just made me lol!" Cyrus tweeted. "Imagine if I said I got 'the looks and the curves I'm just better! Bahahahhaha"


Hollywood Life reported earlier that in an interview with Love magazine, due out in March, Cyrus had said, "Beyonce has been a big inspiration to me, but she's been out for such a long time. She's so talented and I think she's at the top of the game now, but people are always looking for new blood and that's what I bring to the game now, new blood. I got the total package you know, the curves, the rhythm, and the voice. I'm just the best."


Forgive us for buying the quote. Cyrus has done and said more outrageous things in the past year.


The singer went on to tweet: "How are people allowed to make up sh-t & then out quotes around it saying I said that sh-t!!?"


The fake quotes also claimed Cyrus told Love magazine, "I just feel like I was born for this time right now. I'm just the total package, you know? All things must start and end, and I hope to have the same success as other icons in the game when my run is over. But for now, my run is just starting."


Hollywood Life also got confirmation from Love magazine that Cyrus "has not stated any of the quotes."


So far, denials aren't pouring in regarding the other quotes that popped up about Cyrus on Tuesday. Following in the footsteps of Cher, Sinead O'Connor, Elton John and Pink, Oscar-winning actress Kate Winslet expressed concern for Cyrus in an interview with Psychologies magazine, The Independent reported.


Winslet shared her perspective as a fellow star who started in Hollywood at a young age.


"You hear horror stories where you think, 'God, who's looking after these people and why does it seem like they're losing their way?'" she told the magazine. "I mean, you think about someone like Miley Cyrus, and I said to my daughter the other day, 'I'm this close to opening my mouth about what's going on with that girl.' Who is actually saying, 'Stop for a second. What do you want, who are you?'"


Winslet added that she was fortunate in being "comfortable with who I am" and blamed social media for contributing to Cyrus' antics.


"It's really rough now," Winslet said. "I think, for young actors, actresses and pop stars, it's a nightmare. They can't do anything. I'm so not going near that whole world -- I don't need it. I do feel incredibly lucky."




NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 31: Miley Cyrus performs on stage ahead of midnight at The New Year

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 31: Miley Cyrus performs on stage ahead of midnight at The New Year's Eve 2014 Celebration in Times Square on December 31, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images) ( Neilson Barnard )




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top