The ABC Family starlet kick starts music career with help from her TV stardom.



Lucy Hale may play a pretty little liar on the hit ABC Family series, but she hopes to show a more vulnerable side of her personality through her new music.



“People right now know me as this one thing,” Lucy said on her artist VEVO YouTube page. “I also have this hidden part of me that’s about to be unleashed.”



Lucy attributes pop sensation Britney Spears as one of her musical heroes. (Judy Eddy/WENN)


The teen star will debut her first single, You Sound Good To Me, in tandem with the winter premiere of Pretty Little Liars.


The move to music isn’t a surprising development given ABC Family falls under the Disney tent that launched the music careers of Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.


However, Lucy’s decision to transition into music from acting was actually a dream put on hold. The Southern belle moved from Tennessee to Los Angeles at the age of 15 in hopes of signing a record deal but instead landed herself an acting career first.


“Now I know the kind of artist I am, I know what I want to say, I know who Lucy is more as a person,” she said.


That person is apparently a country music singer, embracing her roots of the South and the place she’s most comfortable in, Nashville.


The world premiere of the music video for Lucy’s You Sound Good To Me will air on ABC Family during the Pretty Little Liars premiere at 8 p.m. on Jan. 7.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top