Mindy Kaling has taken to Twitter to speak out on the controversy surrounding her front cover for the new issue of ELLE magazine.


The publication chose the 34-year-old as one of four women to front different covers for their annual Women In TV special.


However, a backlash has ensued online after it was revealed that Mindy was the only one not to be shown in a full-body shot, leading many to criticise the mag for allegedly treating her differently because of her size. See the cover here.



Mindy Kaling (Splash News)


Mindy has responded on Twitter, saying: "I love my @ELLEmagazine cover. It made me feel glamorous & cool. And if anyone wants to see more of my body, go on thirteen dates with me."


She'd previously joked: "Wishing for more skin on my @ELLEmagazine cover? Chris Messina & I are naked on a brand new #themindyproject tonight, ya pervs!


"(It's actually, coincidentally, true. Thank heavens my writers constantly script nudity. So: super funny, totally nude Chris/Mindy tonight!)".


ELLE are no strangers to this kind of reaction, after Melissa McCarthy found herself at the centre of a similar 'scandal' last year. She then insisted that she had chosen her own cover herself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top