More Information


Where to buy:


Jonathan Blake clothing is available by appointment at the Jonathan Blake atelier, 4544 Post Oak Place, Suite 220, 713-960-1514; jonathanblake.net.




Victoria Christian arrived from London and headed to Jonathan Tinkle's atelier off Post Oak Place near the Galleria.


Christian, the ambassador for the legendary luxury British perfume house Clive Christian founded by her father, was taken with Tinkle's Jonathan Blake clothing collection so much she wanted to wear one of his designs to a charity affair in Houston that evening.


She selected a navy cropped suede jacket ($2,200) with a black suede skirt with ruffle hem ($1,450). The perfect look.


"I feel fantastic," Christian said with such excitement. "I like my clothes to be understated and beautiful. I look for things that feel good and that don't shout."


Christian and the 22-year-old Tinkle have formed a fashionable friendship after meeting several years ago during Christian's personal appearance at Neiman Marcus. She's the first international tastemaker to wear his designs.


Though Tinkle's aesthetic speaks demurely to women like Christian, his young brand is shouting loudly across the industry since he launched his first collection in 2012.


Tinkle, a Houston native who honed his design craft at the Art Institute of Houston and under the mentorship of fashion designer Carmen Marc Valvo, has evolved his line from trendier looks to more decidedly grown-up and elegant pieces, ripe for the Houston's social set.


Tinkle recently debuted his spring 2014 collection of classic-feeling dresses, gowns and separates, including python pants and jackets, at the sprawling English Tudor estate owned by Deana and Larry Blackburn in River Oaks.


"I've learned so much since my first collection," Tinkle said. "I've learned you need to always be yourself. My first collection wasn't entirely my style. And everyone had very strong opinions and the experience I didn't have, but you have to find what works for you. With my last two collections (fall 2013 and spring 2014), I'm doing what's in my heart."


Christian said she had such anticipation seeing his new pieces since she had waited two months until she could make a trip to Houston.


"I really admire what he's doing. To be so young and so in touch with style feels much like how I envision my father was at that age. Such integrity," she said.


Said Tinkle: "It's all about making women feel beautiful."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top