To be fair, there is probably a lot of stuff that gets thrown on stage during a typical Justin Bieber's show. Homemade drawings, flowers, photos, crumpled pieces of paper with phone numbers or Twitter handles scrawled on them, various undergarments and, perhaps, the occasional national flag.


It's that last one that got Bieber in trouble on Saturday during his gig at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina. You've probably already heard that JB had to quit the show
 halfway through due to pain from food poisoning, but before taking his leave, the Biebs apparently added some insult to injury.


In the latest incident on a problem-plagued outing that has come with charges of graffiti vandalism in Brazil, alleged scuffles between Bieber's security team and nightclub staffers and a reports that the singer spent time in some unsavory places, a clip emerged this week that purportedly shows Justin kicking an Argentinian flag during the November 9 show.


In the video, Bieber uses his foot and then his mic stand to, literally, sweep two national flags off the stage during the concert.



After heated posts from angry Argentinian fans lashing out at the singer over the international incident, Bieber issued a series of tweets apologizing for his actions.


"Heard about what is going on with me down in Argentina and I'm shocked. I love Argentina and have had some of the best shows of my tour there," he wrote. "People throw stuff on my stage all show and I get it to the stage hands to get off so no one got hurt. That video I saw a bra and thought it was a shirt. I'm being told by my team it was a shirt but even if it was a flag I would never do anything to disrespect Argentina or the people of Argentina or the fans. I'm so sorry for anyone who took my actions the wrong way and I hope you can forgive this mistake."



Bieber apologized once again and reminded the people of Argentina that he had a great time performing for them and looks forward to returning in the future. "I gave my all and I know the fans did there too," he said. "Te amo. I would never do anything to disrespect my fans. I don't like having to defend myself but this time it was needed as I mean no disrespect."


According to reports, the penalty for desecration of the Argentinian flag is one to four years in prison.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top