Eminem unveiled the new music video for his Rihanna-assisted "Monster" on Monday (December 16), filled with more than five minutes of retro-goodness.


The video opens on Em, sitting in a therapist office as Doctor Rih-Rih scribbles notes on a pad. A TV nearby plays retro Eminem clips on a loop as Marshall Mathers, the man, appears to slip into a state of hypnosis.


Down the rabbit hole he goes — or, more accurately, a free-falling elevator shaft. As he tumbles, visions of Dr. Dre, "8 Mile," Elton John and several iconic moments from his storied career flutter by. In the end, Em comes face-to-face with his formerly drug-addicted self, choosing to turn around and walk the other way.


Interspersed between the powerful imagery is a bustier-clad Rihanna, crooning out the catchy chorus.


"Monster" marks the fourth collaboration between the duo, beginning with 2010's "Love the Way You Lie." Last month, Em revealed to MTV News' Sway Calloway that Rih was the only girl for his Marshall Mathers LP 2 track.


"The perception of the record, what it's saying, I thought it would be a good idea to have her on it because I think people look at us like we're both a little nuts. That's one of the things that I was telling her in making the record: I think that people look at us a little crazy," Eminem said.


"As soon as I got the beat I just heard her on it," he added. "I wanted to make sure that I had it finished first to be able to present to her, but once I had the rhymes done, I sent it to her."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top