Shia LaBeouf appears to have commissioned a grand apology to graphic novelist Daniel Clowe.


Shia LaBeouf reportedly used skywriting to apologise to a writer he plagiarised.The actor was called out when his debut short film HowardCantour.com included notable similarities to graphic novelist Daniel Clowe's comic Justin M. Damiano.According to Variety, a message blew across the Los Angeles sky on Wednesday that was allegedly commissioned by the actor."I am sorry Daniel Clowes," the message read.Shia also posted a photo of the skywriting on his Twitter feed.The message followed several apologetic tweets from the actor, including at least one media reports suggest was also plagiarised."I can't apologize enough. I'll always be sorry this happened. Trust is hard earned and I messed that up. #Gottadobetter," Shia wrote on December 30.According to Vulture.com, the message is remarkably similar to a four-year-old Yahoo Answers comment.While Shia continues to grovel, Daniel addressed the controversy earlier this month."I've never even seen one of his films that I can recall - and I was shocked, to say the least, when I saw that he took the script and even many of the visuals from a very personal story I did six or seven years ago and passed it off as his own work," the novelist told BuzzFeed."I actually can't imagine what was going through his mind."

© Cover Media Group 2014


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top