Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake, performing at Soldier Field. (Nuccio DiNuzzo / Chicago Tribune / July 22, 2013)






Justin Timberlake got the cover honors for GQ's annual men of the year issue, but that's not enough. After a rare round of bad press for his turn in the flop 'Runner Runner' and number one album 'The 20/20 Experience: 2 of 2,' the actor-singer-etc. railed against his critics.


“Where did all this vitriol come from? It's mean,” Timberlake told the magazine. “And I'm not cut out for it.”


“The movie didn't do well at the box office, so I should quit” he said, referring to a column in Variety that urged him to quit acting altogether. “Hold on a second. If I was somebody else, you wouldn't have said that. I have the No. 1 album this week, and I shouldn't have released it? Come on, man. You sound like a (jerk).”


With that, Timberlake concluded that “sometimes I just want to … kill everybody” before calming down and going with: “I don't see myself as someone who's ever going to be defined by one moment. It's on to the next.”


In the more inspirational/aspirational portion of the interview, Timberlake claims he’s not “cool.” “Being cool,” he explains, “is about keeping your blood pressure steady. So no. Don’t be cool. Be passionate. Be dedicated. Be tenacious.”


Timberlake isn't GQ's only man of the year: Will Ferrell, James Gandolfini, Kendrick Lamar and Matthew McConaughey were also feted.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top