11/19/2013 at 02:45 PM EST




NeNe Leakes 'Thankful to be Alive' After Blood Clots Found on Lung

NeNe Leakes


Michael Stewart/Wireimage



NeNe Leakes says she's lucky to be alive after doctors found blood clots on her lung.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta star wrote a post on her website Tuesday explaining that she'd gone to the hospital after feeling "a little short of breath."


"I know my body and I know when I should be concerned," she said. "After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots on my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job."


The 45-year-old, who posted a picture of herself in her hospital bed with her granddaughter Bri'asia, 17 months, admitted she was "thankful to be alive."


"Contrary to reports I did not have a heart attack," she clarified. "I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top