By Submitted Article on January 8, 2014.


year as miss teen lethbridge – world 2013


comes to an end


Farren Sawers


MISS TEEN LETHBRIDGE – WORLD 2013


My year of being Miss Teen Lethbridge – World is nearly up. On Jan. 8 and 9 the Miss Teen Canada – World organization will be hosting its provincial pageant to determine the new Miss Teen Alberta – World, as well as its other Alberta representatives. In July, the new representatives will head to Toronto for a week-long adventure in the national pageant and crown Miss Teen Canada – World 2014! Do you have what it takes?


My year as Miss Teen Lethbridge – World 2013 was simply amazing. I was provided experiences I will never forget. My journey began in January when I was introduced to the idea of the pageant by Angeline McDonald, owner of Bells and Bows Bridal Centre. After days of discussion and debate, I contacted the Miss Teen Canada – World organization and applied for the pageant. After a couple of interviews I received an email stating I was a delegate for the provincial pageant. The thoughts and feelings racing through my mind at the time were too numerous to count. I began to prepare for the pageant; finding an evening gown, getting in shape for the swimsuit competition, hair, shoes, headshots, practising interview questions, and the excitement built! I had no prior experience in pageants so I was naturally nervous when the day came.


Upon arriving at the local pageant, I received all the training I required for the pageant – how to walk in an evening gown, how to stand, how to walk in a swimsuit, how to answer interview questions, etc. I met some amazing girls that I still talk to today and can call my friends. I worked with a choreographer from Toronto for the dance numbers, and I was given the opportunity to work with him again at the national pageant in Toronto.


I was able to attend some wonderful fundraisers and events in Lethbridge during my reign as Miss Teen Lethbridge – World including a fashion show for the elderly, the Children’s Festival, Pink Shirt Day and more!


I spent a week in Toronto training daily for the national pageant; photo shoots, video shoots, dance numbers, and practising the runway walk. I explored the city with the other delegates, going to the Toronto Zoo to see the Pandas and polar bears; to the top of the CN Tower; watching the Medieval Times Jousting Show; shopping at Eaton Centre; and of course performing at the national pageant at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. I am so fortunate to call Miss Teen Canada – World 2013, Jill Martin, my friend, along with many of the other competitors.


I want to thank my sponsors, Lakeview Dental, Perish and Heinbecker Milling Co., Rapunzil’s Hair Salon, Purely Inspired Academy of Beauty, Candie Co, Colors Hair and Spa, SOL Tanning Co., and AXS Images. I would also like to thank my amazing community for helping me fundraise, and supporting me during my adventure in the pageant world! I will be returning to the world of pageants after my reign is up as I will be attending the Miss Teen Canada – World 2014 pageant in Toronto this summer as a chaperon for the girls. I am beyond excited to be a role model for these girls and to help them through this memorable experience.


Thank you to everyone for making this a wonderful year as Miss Teen Lethbridge – World.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top